2009-05-28

Spirit Sol 143

I checked my email at 8:30 last night -- still no information on today's schedule. All I know is the time we expect downlink to start (6:45 AM), so I add the usual amount of time to that and estimate that I should be there at 9:15 or 9:30 AM.

Two hours after I last checked my email -- at 10:30 last night, fer Chrissakes -- they sent out today's schedule. And the schedule says they're doing an unusually compressed sol, so I should be there at something like 8:00 AM. Not 9:30. 8:00.

Thanks so much.

So I'm late. By the time I arrive, they're way past the Activity Plan Approval Meeting -- they've already finished the master/submaster walkthrough. I just have time to glance over the sequences before delivering them. I also show Chris how to do the delivery, just in case this happens again. (Though I don't think it will: mustering all the meager subtlety at my command, I point out the problem to the responsible parties. Subtle or not (answer: not), the message gets through.)

While I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened, Ashitey brings some guests by. I'm a little distracted, but I try my best to switch modes and give them the usual this-is-how-we-drive-the-rover spiel.

On the bright side, I still have my health.

[Next post: sol 147, June 1.]

1 comment:

David Noble said...

Well, that's good. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything, right? :-)